Friday, 27 May 2016

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56- Allegiant

On Fridays I will share excerpts from whatever I am reading that day. First, Book Beginnings hosted by Rose City Reader  the The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice.

First share the opening lines of your novel, then turn to page 56 (or 56%) and share a few lines!

~~~



This week's book is Allegiant by Veronica Roth.


Beginning: "I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget."


Page 56: "We run in a pack down the alley toward Monroe Street. I resist the urge to wince at each of our loud footsteps. It's more important to be quick than silent at this point, anyway."


Thoughts: Not a particularly interesting beginning, but I guess by the third book in the series, you're already interested, hence the reason you're continuing the series. To be honest the only reason I'm reading this book is because I already owned the series so I want to at least give it a fair shot. There is a review of Insurgent coming on the blog soon, so stay tuned for my thoughts on it!



Happy reading, and have a nice weekend!!


My Last Review

Twitter | Goodreads

16 comments:

  1. I've only read the first in this series. I do have this one and book two on my Kindle. My 56 this week comes from The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm not sure if I would recommend it or not!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing. This one doesn't sound like it's for me though. Have a great weekend! I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsTUIB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. No it's definitely part of that young adult dystopian genre that is absolutely crammed at the moment, I don't read many of them, and they're definitely not for everyone!

      Delete
  3. I haven't yet read this author, but I'm definitely curious. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE BLUE BATH”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, i would recommend the first book in the series, it's definitely the best one!

      Delete
  4. That's a different cover to the one I've seen, I think. Thanks for sharing. Here's my Friday Book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. This is probably the UK cover, not sure what the US one is, it might be different!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read Divergent. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I would recommend Divergent, its definitely the best book in the series!

      Delete
  6. Since I don't know the series, the beginning seemed interesting to me. :)

    Thanks for playing along on BBOF, even though I didn't have a Mr. Linky this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I thought it was ok, there's a review coming soon!!

      Delete
  8. I loved this series. read it twice already. The movies are fun but nowhere near as good as the books.

    My 56 from Sunborn Rising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. Yeah I think the movies are a pretty good adaptation so far!

      Delete