Friday, 17 July 2015

Fictitious Friday #1

Fictitious Fridays' is a new weekly meme hosted by Aiysha at Mortal Moments



Each week a specific subject will be chosen for the spotlight for example: favourite fiction book, character, place, food and many more you will have to wait and see!

This week's topic: Favourite Fictional Consecutive Series Covers

We are all guilty occasionally (or more often) of judging a book by its cover, and I am especially bad at this!! I have been known to buy books, and sometimes even whole series based solely on their covers, having no idea what the actual book is about!! As a result, this list could be extremely long, but I'm going to do as the host Aiysha has done, and give my top three! Here they are:

1. Pure Trilogy by Julianna Baggott

This has always been one of the first YA series I recommend to people when they ask, and I'm so glad that the covers are just as stunning as the books themselves. Although dystopian/apocalyptic novels are very overdone in YA, I know I will come back to read this one again and again!



2. Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

I love the colour scheme and the way the typography of the title adds to the sense of magic and beauty that runs through the novels themselves. The spines are also gorgeous and look fabulous on my shelves!!



3. Seraphina Series (although there are only two released so far, shhhhh!) by Rachel Hartman

This picture isn't actually the same covers as the ones I own, but these are so pretty that I decided to include these covers instead of the ones I actually own. I just love everything with dragons and mythical beasts in it, and these books don't disappoint, and who doesn't love a book cover with a dragon on it!!!




Be my friend on Goodreads

Thanks for reading!!

My last review




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great picks! My favourites are the pure trilogy covers! I think I would read them too based solely on the covers as well if I'd come across them before myself!

    P.s. Your link on the linky over at Mortal Moments was entered incorrectly...you may want to enter it again, it took a bit of a dig to find this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing this out, I've entered mine again :)

      Delete