Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Top 15 Books to Read in 2015

These are 15 books that I have in my TBR pile that I want to get through by the end of this year!


  1. V for Vendetta- Alan Moore and David Lloyd. This is a graphic novel that I bought last year, but I really want to get through it soon, as I really enjoyed the movie, and I've heard the graphic novel is excellent.
  2. Alan Turing: The Enigma- Andrew Hodges. I bought this novel just at the end of 2014, after I went to see The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch. This novel looks like a really interesting and deep insight into Turing and the work he did during the war.
  3. This Side of Paradise- F. Scott Fitzgerald. I started reading this in 2014 but I never finished it, I ended up putting it down and picking up something else instead. I love The Great Gatsby so I hope this novel is just as enjoyable.
  4. More Than This- Patrick Ness. I love Patrick Ness, he's one of my favourite authors, and I am determined to get to this novel this year!
  5. The Bone Season- Samantha Shannon. Having heard this novel be compared to Harry Potter, I definitely need to read it to see for myself.
  6. The Casual Vacancy- J.K Rowling. Speaking of Harry Potter, I've had this novel in my TBR pile for quite a while, and I'm very interested to see how Rowling writes outside of the Wizarding World. Also I know its being made into a BBC series, so I would like to have read the novel before it comes out.
  7. Service of All the Dead- Colin Dexter. As I own all the Inspector Morse series, I would like to read at least one of them, so I can feel like I'm making some progress!
  8. The Two Towers- J.R.R Tolkien. I read The Hobbit last year, and the second and third books in the Lord of the Rings trilogy are still in my TBR pile, so I would like to get through one of them this year, especially as I'm so familiar with the plot from having watched the movies.
  9. 11/22/63- Stephen King. I've never read any Stephen King, and as this is the only King novel I own, I would like to get to it, to see what I think of it.
  10. A Clash of Kings- George R.R Martin. These are some of my brother's favourite books, so just to stop him nagging me I'm going to try and read at least one of them in 2015.
  11. Code Name Verity- Elizabeth Wein. The premise of this novel really intrigues me, and I've seen only good things about it online.
  12. The Prisoner of Heaven- Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I really like Zafon's writing, and I really have no good excuse for not having read this book earlier!
  13. Living Dead in Dallas- Charlaine Harris. This is another series that I own all the books in, so obviously I want to continue through this series too.
  14. A Tale of Two Cities- Charles Dickens. I've only read one book by Dickens, and I would really like to read a few more, even if its only so I can tell people that I've read them for my own pride!
  15. The Graveyard Book- Neil Gaiman. I bought this book last year, when a load of Gaiman's books were on special deals on the Kindle, and I want to get to a couple more of them this year.


Thanks for reading guys! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment