Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Top 5 Wednesday- Top Unread Authors

This is a tag (of sorts) that I've seen a lot on BookTube and I thought it would be a fun thing to introduce to the blog.
In this post I'm going to list my top unread authors, these are authors that I really want to read something from, but haven't got to any of their books yet.
Number 1 on this list is Neil Gaiman. I really love the episodes he writes for Doctor Who and I have been desperate to read one of his novels. I actually have some of his novels on my Kindle when they were on offer on Amazon, I have Smoke and Mirrors, Stardust, Anansi Boys, The Graveyard Book, American Gods and Neverwhere. Hopefully I get to read something by him soon.
Another author I really want to check out is Terry Pratchett. He is probably best known for his Discworld series, which is a very well known series. I love fantasy novels and this is an author I am really excited to check out. I own the first and eighth book in the Discworld series, so hopefully I'll get to them sooner rather than later.
The next author on this list is Stephen King. I have looked at so many of his novels in shops, and I'm always so tempted to purchase them all. The only one I own is 11/22/63 but the rest seem creepy and thrilling, so I'm excited to read his novels.
The 4th author on this list is Jane Austen. I really want to get to her books, I've read Pride and Prejudice, which I thought was ok but not great, and partly read Northanger Abbey, but I want to get to all her other classics too. These books are available for free on ebook, so I really have no excuse.
The last author in this list is Phillipa Gregory, who writes historical fiction novels. I really like historical novels, so these should be perfect for me. I don't own any of her novels, but I'm really keen to read them.

Thanks for reading guys, feel free to comment your top unread authors below!

My Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/WildRose77

No comments:

Post a Comment