Saturday, 1 February 2014

January Wrap-Up

This month I only got 2 books read, which is less than I hoped for but I'm sure February will be better.

The first book I read in January was The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. I have read this book before, but I was given a lovely box set of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy for Christmas and I really wanted to read one. I gave it 4/5, I really enjoyed the story, the descriptions Tolkien uses are wonderful.
The second book I read in January was Zom-B by Darren Shan. I've had this book on my Kindle for ages, I finally got around to reading it this month. I thought this was quite a good book, its got enough gruesome and gory zombie action to keep me happy, but also has a rather big twist towards the end of the novel, which felt a little gimmicky but it was entertaining nonetheless. I gave this novel 3.5/5.



Check out The Hobbit on Goodreads here


Zom-B on Goodreads here

No comments:

Post a Comment