Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Wrap Up

Hi guys sorry for my long absence, I've just been really busy this month with exams but they're all finished now so I'm free to blog :)
Although I did a lot of studying this month I still managed to read 10 books in May.
The first book I read was Fear by Michael Grant. This is the 5th book in the Gone series and I really enjoyed it, I gave it 5/5 stars. It was just as good as the previous instalments in the series.
The next book I read was Light by Michael Grant. This is the final book in the Gone series. It was awesome, I gave it 5/5 stars and I thought it was a great ending to one of my favourite series.
I also read Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness. This is the third and final book in the Chaos Walking Trilogy, another one of my favourite series. I absolutely loved this novel too, and it also got 5/5 stars (there are quite a lot of high rated books this month, just to warn you!).
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore was the next book I read in May and I was kind of disappointed in this book, it just wasn't as good as I was hoping. This is the second novel in the Lorien Legacies. I gave it 3/5 stars and I thought it was a bit of a disappointing sequel.
I also read Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, which obviously is the 2nd book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I love this trilogy and I gave Catching Fire 5/5 stars. I had read this series before but I really wanted to read it again!
Next I read The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda. I didn't know very much about this book when I picked it up, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it! I gave it 4/5 stars and I will definitely pick up the rest in The Hunt series (or trilogy?).
Then I re-read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins which is the third and final novel in The Hunger Games trilogy. I quite liked this novel, although I was a little bit disappointed in the ending and a certain characters death (grrrrrr) but I still gave it 4/5 stars.
I also re-read Stealing Pheonix by Joss Stirling. I bought and read this novel a number of years ago before I realised that its actually the 2nd novel in the Benedicts series, but it works well as a stand alone novel too! I really enjoyed it and I gave it 5/5 stars.
The next novel I read was Double Cross by Malorie Blackman. This is the 4th and final novel in the Noughts and Crosses series. I really like this series and I gave this novel 4/5 stars.
The last book I read in May was The Dead by Charlie Higson. This is the 2nd novel in The Dead series, which is a Young Adult zombie series which I love. This book was really gruesome and gory but still awesome and I gave it 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment