Friday, 1 February 2013

January Wrap Up

Hello
I hope you all had a good January and got lots of reading done. I read 9 books in January, which is quite a lot for me.
I read The Shipping News by Annie Proulx. My mum suggested I read it, and I finally got round to it this month. It is about a man who's wife leaves him, so he moves his family back to his family's home town on the Newfoundland coast. I gave this 3/5 stars.
I also read Florence by Ciye Cho. I was contacted by the author and offered a copy of the novel in return for a review. This is the first mermaid novel I've read in a while and I really enjoyed it. I gave it 4/5 stars.
I read Oath of Servitude by C.E Wilson. I was contacted by the author through Goodreads and offered a copy of the novel in return for a review. This was an interesting premise for a novel involving the relationship between a teenage boy and a pixi. I thought it was an ok read and I gave it 3/5 stars.
I read Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder, which is a book I read on my Kindle. I gave this novel 4/5, I really enjoyed it. I loved all the elemental powers running through this novel.
I also read Last Seen Wearing by Colin Dexter, the second novel in the Inspector Morse series. I gave this novel 3/5 as I thought it was an ok read, but I still dislike the character of Morse himself.
I read Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder, the second novel in the Healer series. I was contacted by the author and offered a copy of the novel. I liked this sequel slightly more than the first novel, Touch of Power, and I gave it 4.5/5.
I read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini for my school book club, and I gave it 3/5. I thought it was an ok book, but nothing special.
I also read Fugitive by Louise Miles, which I received a copy of from the author, I really enjoyed this novel and I gave it 4.5/5
The last book I read in January was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I borrowed this book from my friend and I loved it, I thought it was really sad but beautifully written.

No comments:

Post a Comment