Tuesday, 1 January 2013

December Wrap up

This is the last wrap up post of 2012 and probably the last post of 2012 as this is due to go up on Tuesday. I started my book blog in July of this year, and I would just like to thank everyone who has read my posts, followed my blog or commented. It means a lot to me to see that people are reading what I type, and hopefully discover some books from it. I hope you all had a great 2012 and I wish you all an even better 2013. Now onto the wrap up!!

The first book I read was Legend by Marie Lu. I borrowed this novel from the library, and although it was a little predictable, it was still a great read. I gave it 4/5 stars.
I also read Timbuctoo by Tahir Shah. I won a special edition hardback version of this novel from the Goodreads giveaway, and I really enjoyed it. I really liked the historical setting, and I gave it 5/5.
I also read Monsieur Ibrahim et les Fleurs Du Coran by Eric Emmanuel Schmitt in French class, and I gave it 4/5.
I read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini this month for my school book club. I found this a really informative read, about a country I knew very little about. I gave this novel 4/5.
Next I read Blue Dust: Forbidden by Katy Krump. I received an ebook copy of the novel from the author. I really enjoyed the sci-fi feel to this novel, I gave it 5/5.
The last book I read in December was Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. I really wanted to read a novel set at Christmas and I had an ebook copy from Net Galley I had been meaning to read. I really liked this novel, I gave it 4/5.

My review of Legend by Marie Lu
http://no1booklover.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/book-review-legend.html

My review of Blue Dust: Forbidden by Katy Krump
http://no1booklover.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/book-review-blue-dust-forbidden.html
Katy Krump author interview
http://no1booklover.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/author-interview-katy-krump.html

No comments:

Post a Comment