Saturday, 24 November 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday #1

Shelf Candy Saturday is a meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at Five Alarm Book Reviews. It's purpose is to showcase cover art that we find beautiful/interesting/unique/intriguing, etc.

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is the first novel in the Covenant series, published on the 20th September 2011. The paperback version has 281 pages and is a YA novel.
Genres: Action, Paranormal, Vampires

The reviews on this novel are mixed, a lot of people say it is very similar to the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.
I chose this book because I think the cover is really pretty. My favourite colour is purple, so it really caught my eye on Goodreads. I love the typography of the title and the author name. It really adds to the mystical sense of the novel. I also love the flower, I like the way it looks like its made of wisps of smoke or cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment