Friday, 21 September 2012

Fall into Reading 2012

Hello,
I recently discovered this reading challenge, called The Fall into Reading Challenge. It was created by callapidderdays.com. This is basically a:
"fun low pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone. It will take place September 22nd to December 21st"- Callapidderdays.com
 


All you have to do in the challenge is create a list of books you want to read by the end date, and then read them! Simple!

I really reccommend everyone at least checks out the blog post made about this challenge which I have linked HERE.

Here is my list of books that I want to read by the end of December!
  • Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde- Robert Louis Stevenson
  • The Shipping News- Annie Proulx
  • Winter in Madrid- C.J Sansom
  • Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte
  • The Woodlanders- Thomas Hardy
  • At the Going Down of the Sun- Elizabeth Darrell
  • The Fellowship of the Ring- J.R.R.Tolkien
  • Perfect Storm- Sebastian Junger
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams
  • Great Expectations- Charles Dickens
  • A Game of Thrones- George R.R. Martin
  • Last Bus to Woodstock- Colin Dexter
  • Timbuctoo- Tahir Shah
Note: This list may change/be added to depending on how I feel the challenge is going.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge, great mix of books there =D
    I'm participating too, and am a new follower via GFC.
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I will also be attempting A Game of Thrones for the challenge.
    Good luck with your challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Eyre is one of my favorites. I read Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde with my son a few years ago. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good variety there. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crappo you have an awesome list! I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you've joined the challenge, Rachel! Looks like you have some great variety to keep you busy this fall. It's been forever since I read Hitchhiker's Guide... but I remember really liking it. And I love JRR Tolkien's books as well. Enjoy your fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! I keep meaning to read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Ambitious books! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one fantastic list! Jane Eyre and Lord of the Rings are two of my favourite books of all time, and I'm hoping to read The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for FIR2O12 too. Plus I have another four or five of these books on my shelves already - though I don't reckon I'll get to them by Christmas! Happy reading... :)

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete