Wednesday, 18 July 2012

June Book Haul

Hi, These are all the books I purchased in the month of June. Enjoy!!
These first 4 books I bought from my local charity shop and they cost me £1 all together!
The first book is Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes. This has a special World Book Night Cover on it. I was attracted to it mainly because my name is Rachel and I thought it was cool! The book has no blurb on the back so I don't know what it is about.
The next book I got from the charity shop was The Bretheren by John Grisham. I bought this book because John Grisham is an author that my English teacher recommended we check out so I purchased one to see what he was like as a writer. I also really like thrillers so I was excited to find a new thriller to read.
The third book from the charity shop was Dead Famous by Ben Elton. Ben Elton co-wrote the TV series Blackadder and as soon as I saw this book I had to have it as I love Blackadder and I was intrigued to see what he would be like as an author. I also found the blurb on the back to be very interesting and I am excited to read this soon.
The last book I purchased from the charity shop was Deception Point by Dan Brown. I love Dan Brown and my charity shop always has his books so as soon as I saw this one, which I haven't read, I picked it up. I love his style of writing and also his nail biting thrillers that he always manages to produce.
The last book I purchased wasn't from the charity shop, it was from Tesco. It is Pure by Julianna Baggott. I really love dystopian novels and when I saw it on the shelf in Tesco I had to buy it. It only cost me £3.86 so that was a good deal. I have seen this book on Goodreads and a lot of people seem to like it.
I bought all these books with my own money and I can't wait to read them all in the upcoming months. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment